Nature / Conservation Photographer
Noppadol Paothong is a nature/conservation photographer and has been focusing on documenting rare and endangered species. For over a decade, he has worked primarily on grassland grouse and their fragile habitat.
He is a staff wildlife photographer with the Missouri Department of Conservation and contributes his images and stories to its high quality publication, Missouri Conservationist, Xplor, and many others. With a monthly circulation of over 500,000, the Missouri Conservationist is known as one of the largest and high quality state conservation magazines.
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Places & People’s Choice Award, Outdoors Writers Association of America
- Award of Excellence, Nature’s Best Photography Magazine
- Finalist in BBC Wildlife Photographer of the Year
- Award of Excellence in Wildlife, Nikon Photo Contest International
- Winner, National Wildlife Federation photo contest
- Award of Excellence in POYi (Picture of the Year International)
- Mark of Excellence, Society of Professional Journalists
- Picture of the Year, Associated Collegiate Press (3 years – 1997, 1998, 2000)
- Missouri Photojournalist of the Year, 1999
Sage-Grouse, Icon of the West (hardbound book, upcoming in 2017)
Save the Last Dance, A Story of North American Grassland Grouse (204-page hardbound book, published in 2012)
- Audubon Magazine, Nature Conservancy, National Wildlife Magazine, Ranger Rick, Sierra Club, Discovery Magazine, American Birds Conservancy, International Union for Conservation of Nature, WildEarth Guardians, Missouri Conservationist, Xplor, US Fish & Wildlife Service, Nature’s Best Photography, Birder’s World, Grouse of the World, Birding Magazine, New Jersey Audubon, Colorado Outdoors, Montana Outdoors, Montana Magazine, Missouri Prairie Journal, Missouri’s Life, North Dakota Outdoors, BioScience, Field & Stream, Rocky Mountain Game & Fish, BrownTrout Publishers, Willow Creek Press, Seller’s Publication, Shooting Sportsman, Turkey Calls, Bear Hunting, Profile, Foto Info, Dog Fancy, Kansas City Star, Spokesmen-Review, Washington Post